Wednesday, October 18, 2017 to Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Direct HH Coverage:
Bharatpur-25, Sukranagar, Chitwan
To analyze the determinants enabling female-headed remittance receiving households to invest in agricultural enterprises.
¥ 3,400,000 Japanese Yen
1. To determine the factors affecting entrepreneurship in general and agricultural entrepreneurship in particular.
2. To assess the role of remittance in the promotion of agricultural entrepreneurship.
3. To examine the differential effects of remittance across gender in terms of agricultural entrepreneurship.
1. The research will shed light on the determinants that promotes entrepreneurship among rural households.
2. Secondly, the role of migration and remittance on the promotion of entrepreneurship will be clarified.
3. Thirdly, the research will highlight whether the gender of household head is an important factor in promoting entrepreneurship.
1. To conduct household surveys among sampled households in 2017 and 2019 to generate panel data set.
2. To analyze data corresponding to the objectives of the research and recommend policy implications.
3. To disseminate the research findings through publications, seminars, and conference presentations.