Sustainable Integrated Farming System (SIFS) in South Asia
||Sustainable Integrated Farming Systems (SIFS) in South Asia
||Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Welthungerhilfe (WHH), Germany
- Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), Bharatpur-2, Chitwan, Nepal
- Himalayan Bio-dynamic Development Trust (HBDT), Kathmandu, Nepal
||Shaktikhor and Siddhi VDCs of Chitwan district
||1500 HHs comprising of Chepangs, Tamangs and poor families
||Three years and Two Months (Nov 2011 to Dec 2014)
||To contribute to poverty reduction and increase of food security amongst the most vulnerable groups of Nepal, that will contribute to MDG1
||Increased agricultural production and improved market access for 1,500 poor, farming households living in Shaktikhor and Siddhi VDC of Chitwan, Nepal.
- Increased food availability and marketable surplus by increasing the agricultural productivity and sustainable resource management.
- Additional income through improved market access and value addition to selected agricultural products.
- Building and strengthening of community-based organisations to improve access to knowledge and market access
- Best practices are promoted and shared through exchange, networking, and advocacy.
- Baseline Survey (Household economic survey)
- Conservation oriented home gardening
- Conservation oriented high value commodity promotion
- Model farm demonstration (FFS approach)
- Support for micro-irrigation systems
- Group farmers training on SIFS
- Seed groups and seed village development
- Participatory market mapping workshops for value chain development
- Post-harvest and value addition training
- Market mapping workshop for value chain development
- Collective marketing through groups/cooperatives
- Setting up market information centers
- Internal control system training
- Certification and support of conversion materials
- Nursery management training
- Cooperative management and book keeping training to cooperative leaders
- Publications of successful technology and SIFS model
- Dissemination of best practices and technologies through media
© Copyright 2014. Forward Nepal. All Rights Reserved.